Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

San Diego Roller Derby Fundraiser at Joe's Pizza!


Last Thursday evening, San Diego Roller Derby held a Meet and Greet at Joe’s Pizza on Clairmont Mesa Blvd, and it was a huge SUCCESS. It’s not in my character to be fashionably late; however, as I walked into the pizzeria after the beginning of the event, I was astonished at what I saw. There was not an empty seat in the house! I was greeted by my derby brothers and sisters: “Liz, you’re here!”

The glasses were clinking, the demand of pizza at the buffet could not be met, and the laughter and smiles were everywhere you turned. Derby is a very intimidating sport -- even though we knock each other about at practices and games, we are a tight knit family; a group of gals and guys who absolutely love our sport, and we were excited to be able to share that enthusiasm with all of you.

It was a great way to get our season rolling! Thank you to Joe’s Pizza for opening up your restaurant to us, and everyone who came out to show your support! And if you missed it, then make sure not to be left out of the upcoming events that we have planned for this season. I am excited and honored to be a part of it. Until the next time we meet again…

Liz “Cherry Bomb’Her” Hutton

No comments:

Post a Comment